In this video Keeneng Vang Talking about ARP Cache Poisoning.
1. Overview if ARP
2. Discuss ARP Cache Poisoning
4. What to do in order to protect yourself.
• Address Resolution Protocol
1. Essential to TCP/IP
2. Used to find other devices on the network
3. Associates IP addresses with MAC addresses
4. Resolved addresses are stored in the ARP cache dynamically
1. ARP accepts updates to the cache automatically
2. Anyone can send an ARP reply to a computer forcing it to add a new entry into the cache
3. Gratuitous ARP
• How to defend against ARP Cache Poisoning
- ARP can only be exploited locally
1. Potential attackers must be there physically
2. Have a strong secure network
- Static ARP tables
1. Prevents ARP spoofing
2. Not feasible in large environments
- ARP monitoring tools
1. Watch for changes in the clients – Administrator
Source :- Posted By ITKeeneng On YouTube.